Skip to main content

Mercyhurst College History II

 Collection
Identifier: UA-217

Scope and Contents

This collection provides comprehensive documentation of the history of Mercyhurst College, principally from the Registrar Office Records of 1927 to 1974. The events of the 1970's are recorded in the minutes of administrative, faculty, student government, club and committee meetings, as well as in catalogues, faculty handbooks, directories and other publications. There is also a set of Mercyhurst Alumni News from 1937 to 1958. The blueprints of the original buildings "Old Main" and Egan Hall are included in this collection.

It is a multimedia accession consisting of Public Relations Office photographs, negatives, and scrapbooks of newsclippings. There are 500 slides of college buildings, teachers, students and alumni provided by the Alumni Office. These are completed by films, recordings and oral history tapes concerning the college.

Dates

  • 1926-1980

Extent

10 Linear Feet (19 archival boxes, 2 print boxes.)

7 Reels

30 Cassettes

19 Files (19 drawers of oversize files.)

506 Photographic Slides

Repository Details

Part of the Sister Mary Lawrence Franklin Archival Center Repository

Contact:
Mercyhurst University
501 East 38th Street
Hammermill Library
Erie Pennsylvania 16546 United States